The issue of affordable housing and homelessness in Chilliwack has been a key area of focus for Chilliwack Healthier Community (CHC) for several years. Through its Housing First Task Team, CHC has created the space and opportunity for local stakeholders to come together, and to work together, to address this urgent need in our community. This work led to the City of Chilliwack's 2016 "Homelessness Action Plan". The Plan is a comprehensive look at our community's needs, the roles of community stakeholders as collaborators, specific actions with timelines and measures of success.
At this Information & Networking Breakfast we we will check in with progress of the Plan, and hear from a panel of speakers from agencies who are adding to the stock of affordable, supportive housing in Chilliwack.
Panel (five-minute presentations)
1. Homelessness Action Plan - City of Chilliwack
2. Integrated Case Management (ICM) Team - Fraser Health
3. Yale Road Supportive Housing - RainCity Housing and Support Society
4. The Waterstone - Mamele'awt Queesome and To'o Housing Society (MQHS)
5. The RAN Family Centre - Ruth and Naomi's Mission
6. House of Hope / Modular Shelter - Salvation Army
7. Butchart House - Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS)
8. Housing Hub - Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS)
9. The Paramount Project - Chilliwack Community Services (CCS)
10. Youth Supportive Housing - Cyrus Centre Chilliwack
11. Women's Centre - Ann Davis Transition Society